beach glass jewelry retreat
by eva sherman and debora mauser
17 – 23 november , 2019
Arrival on Sunday, 5 day Workshop, Depart Saturday
Imagine spending a week in a delightful tropical environment where art abounds! This walled garden hacienda with swimming pool and inviting common areas is artist owned and operated. Made on site mosaic furnishings serve to enhance your breakfast and lunch in this lush garden setting. Palm, mango, guayaba, and banana trees, along with flowering ginger, hibiscus, jasmine, bird of paradise as well as the ever-present bougainvillea create a delight for all the senses.
Hacienda Mosaico is located in Colonia Versalles, a typical upscale Mexican neighborhood that affords visitors a chance to experience the charm of daily life in old Mexico. You will find cobbled streets, where tortillerias and markets catering to the locals rather than the tourists, craft shops, cantinas, night life and adventure!
Students will spend time in the studio each day with classes directed by metalsmiths Eva Sherman and Debora Mauser learning creative ways to incorporate beach glass into unique pieces of jewelry while experimenting with various fabrication techniques. This is a great opportunity for unlimited exploration while refining metalsmithing skills!
2019 Workshop Price: $2100
- Lodging (double occupancy)
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Use of most tools and studio (a small list of required tool will be sent prior to workshop)
- Sunday evening welcome cocktail reception
- Five days of classes and evening open studio
- $150 kit (includes all materials excluding beach glass required to complete the projects)
- Daily dinner
- Beach Glass (will be available for purchase or students may bring their own)
- A small list of required tools.
|To secure your spot please send a $100 deposit to the paypal account of email@example.com via the friends and family option. Additional $1000 deposists are due: June 1, 2019, August 1, 2019. Please note that all deposits are non refundable, and traveler’s insurance is strongly recommended. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional info.|