by eva sherman and debora mauser
17 – 23 november , 2019
Arrival on Sunday, 5 day Workshop, Depart Saturday
Imagine spending a week in a delightful tropical environment where art abounds! This walled garden hacienda with swimming pool and inviting common areas is artist owned and operated. Made on site mosaic furnishings serve to enhance your breakfast and lunch in this lush garden setting. Palm, mango, guayaba, and banana trees, along with flowering ginger, hibiscus, jasmine, bird of paradise as well as the ever-present bougainvillea create a delight for all the senses.
Hacienda Mosaico is located in Colonia Versalles, a typical upscale Mexican neighborhood that affords visitors a chance to experience the charm of daily life in old Mexico. You will find cobbled streets, where tortillerias and markets catering to the locals rather than the tourists, craft shops, cantinas, night life and adventure!
Students will spend time in the studio each day with classes directed by metalsmiths Eva Sherman and Debora Mauser learning creative ways to cast scrap silver. You will experiment with various casting technique, and use the cast pieces as building modules to create unique pieces of jewelry. This is a great opportunity for unlimited exploration while refining metalsmithing skills!
2019 Workshop Price: $2000
- Lodging (double occupancy)
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Use of tools and studio (not including a cookie sheet and a solder board)
- Sunday evening welcome cocktail reception
- Five days of classes and evening open studio
- $50 kit (includes solder, tube bezels, faceted stones, half drilled pearls, and pearl posts)
- Daily dinner
- Scrap silver, sheet silver, and casting grain (these will be available for purchase or students may bring their own)
- A cookie sheet to protect the work surface and a solder board. (please bring your own)
|To secure your spot please send a $500 deposit to the paypal account of firstname.lastname@example.org via the friends and family option. Additional $500 payment are due: Feb 1, 2019, May 1, 2019, and August. 1, 2019. Please note that all deposits are non refundable, and traveler’s insurance is strongly recommended. Please email email@example.com for more information or questions.|